In this BFM radio interview I discuss about shellfish and food allergy. Please click on the link below to listen to the interview:
Some important points that I highlight in the radio interview:
- Cow milk allergy is the major food allergen for children in Malaysia.
- Shellfish allergy is the major food allergen for adults in Malaysia.
- Epinephrine/Adrenaline and not antihistamine is the main treatment for anaphylaxis from food allergy.
- The main treatment for food allergy is avoidance of the offending food.
- Desensitization or immunotherapy for food allergy has to be done by a trained medical professional in a supervised setting. Do not attempt this at home.