In this BFM radio interview I discuss about allergies and answer some questions from listeners. Please click on the link below to listen to the interview:
Some important points that I highlight in the radio interview:
- Hygiene hypothesis as one of the factors for development of allergy.
- Allergic rhinitis is the most common form of allergic disease affecting 15-20% of people in Malaysia.
- The bacterial microbiome has an important influence on our immune system’s development.
- Premastication-the process of chewing food and feeding the food to the baby is one form of allergy prevention.
- Allergen specific immunotherapy is available to treat allergic rhinitis.
- Urticaria or hives, can be an early marker of an autoimmune condition.